Latest update of the news: December 19, 2015, 08.20 AMGMT
Due to our customers request we almost finished a first upgrade that will enable the multi-quality selector in the Direkt Youtube plugin for PHP Melody. This feature was requested by many clients, especially from Asia, that asked us to offer such video quality selector due to the bad internet connection in some countries.
The new version is in our test lab, it was already tested by some of our clients and we hope to release it before the New Year Eve.
Right now the plugin has the following features:
– it works with PHPMelody 2.5
– it enables the multi-quality in JWPlayer6 (by default it starts in 360p)
– NEW: (Dec 16, 2015) in JWPlayer5 the video starts in 360p quality and the visitor can select the 720p at his willing (HD On/Off)
– NEW: (Dec 19, 2015): The visitor can switch to 480p quality as well.
– currently it can play 720p, 480p and 360p.
– easy to install
To be done in the current version or future versions:
– to enable it in JWPlayer7 and VideoJS
– to enable more selectable qualities
– to make a failover engine
– to make it even easier to install
This version is made around our new Direkt Plugin API which helps to fix any issue in real time without any intervention on our customer side.
We will let you know, here, on ModMyScript.com once the new version is released.